Background

Thursday, August 30, 2012

OWH Card


On August 25, 2012, 2 of my friends and I went to an Operation Write Home get-together where we met up with others from our area and met new friends, too.  This was the first time the group got together.  There were 14 of us and the goal was to make at least 500 cards to send to soldiers so they can write home.  We accomplished our goal and then some.  We actually at 755 cards done in 5 1/2 hours!  It was great fun and we met new people to craft with.

My friends that went along and I decided to make a card once a week to donate to OWH.  This is mine.  It's called the Triple Time Technique.  Very easy to do.  First you layer the white card stock the way you want it to lay out.  Then stamp your image(s).  In this case, I used a very old SU set called Up In the Air.  When you're done stamping, take them apart and layer your colored card stock behind the white card stock and glue it down, lining up the stamped images.  Before I took my pieces apart, I ran it through the Big Kick with a Sizzix embossing folder.  On this card, I used black Versafine for the images and Rose Red SU marker for the medallion.  I did finish the inside with a piece of white card stock that has scallops in the corners to look like clouds.  Thanks for taking a look!

Cherie

Here are a couple of pics showing my friends at the OWH gathering.


3 comments:

  1. Cherie, this is so cute and creative, and looks even nicer "in real life" smile. I like how you put your twist on the Triple time stamping technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how this turned out with your take on the triple time techique! Some soldier is going to be thrilled picking this OWH card to send home to their loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you did with the triple time! Thanks for showing it to us!

    ReplyDelete