Background

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Mom's Birthday, 2013

This is a little late being posted, but at least it's getting here.  My mom's birthday was at the end of October.  I've been very busy with life in general and kinda forgot to post.  So here it is.




This was very easy to do.  I used the faux letterpress technique found at Splitcoaststampers  http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/fauxletterpressmbossabilities/
I used the Moroccan embossing folder and brayered SU Bermuda Bay on it, then pressed it on my Big Kicks and wala!  Quick and easy!  The frame is a Spellbinders double cut, the leaves are a Cottage Cutz die, the flowers actually have a pearl look to them and pick up colors surrounding it.  They were made using the Cheery Lynn Lace Corner B164.  The happy birthday stamp is SU Elementary Elegance.  I used 2 pearl topped straight pins and the little white flower was cut using an old Provo Craft flower die with a pearl in the center.  The paper was Staples white and inked with Bermuda Bay, the frame, leaves and flowers used Metallic Mix from Stamponit.com. 

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!

Cherie

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card! And you know my motto "Better late than never." (because you know I'm usually late for things...smile)

    ReplyDelete