Background

Monday, October 14, 2013

Pink, Girly Card

A friend of mine asked me to make a pink or purple girly-frilly card for a his daughter's MIL.  I had about a week to come up with it.  So I started thinking right away.  These kind of cards are difficult for me because I don't have a lot of frilly Spellbinders and I don't do pink very well.  So during my Saturday ritual of doing things around the house, I came up with an idea and around 9pm I finally sat down to create.  Hope you like it.  I think it turned out good.

This is using the Asian Spellbinders.  The butterfly is an SU stamp that was just the right size.  I did chalk all the layers with a pink and orange chalk to go well with the DP.  Also the "happy birthday" stamp was chalked in the same colors.  And, of course, the bow was made with the Bow Easy.  I think everyone will be pleased with this card.

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! And You know I like all that PINK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has a real girly look with those lacy dies! The butterfly image in the center done in pink just finishes this card beautifully!

    ReplyDelete